Supporting Our Community
Peninsula Regional Medical Center is committed to the people of Delmarva. We strongly believe it is not just our job to care for you when you are ill but it is our mission to “improve the health of the communities we serve.”
Peninsula Regional Medical Center and its dedicated staff support our friends and neighbors through over 550 community outreach programs each year. Community outreach programs are categorized as services provided “outside of normal patient care.” Outreach activities include community health screenings, support groups, educational offerings and other outreach activities which promote a healthier community and a higher quality of life for the residents of Delmarva.
During the past year, Peninsula Regional:
- Provided $23 million in uncompensated and charity care to people in need.
- Provided an additional $2.3 million in various community outreach programs including community education, screenings and support groups.
- Donated over 25,000 staff hours to community health and outreach programs reaching more than 66,000 residents.
- Provided over 6,000 flu vaccinations to area residents at a reduced cost.
- Employees provided over $100,000 in additional community support for local partners such as the United Way, March of Dimes, Relay for Life and the Medical Center's Adopt-A-Family program.