At the Richard A. Henson Cancer Institute, our patients are the center of all we do. We are pleased to provide you with the following information about the additional services we offer for our patients.
- Cancer Rehabilitation- learn more about the services we offer to address impairments that may be associated with cancer treatment
- Cancer and Nutrition Therapy- learn about the importance of good nutrition during cancer treatment and management of nutrition side effects that may arise from cancer and/or cancer treatment
- Cancer Exercise Program - a safe and effective exercise program for cancer patients currently receiving treatment or for cancer survivors. Participants are under the supervision of an exercise physiologist specifically certified in cancer exercise rehabilitation, through the American College of Sports Medicine. For more information please call 410-543-7026.
- Look Good…Feel Better- a free two-hour workshop co-sponsored by the American Cancer Society that helps female cancer patients manage the hair-loss and cosmetic side effects of cancer treatment. Renewed self-esteem, self-confidence and emotional recovery are addressed so that women can look and feel their best. Complimentary cosmetic kits are provided and a certified cosmetologist provides personalized skin care and makeover tips, demonstrations of options for dealing with hair loss and nail care techniques. Headwear, scarves, clothing, accessories and more will be on hand at each workshop. Pre-registration is required by calling 410-543-7006.
- Patient Navigator Program- learn about our patient navigators and how they can work closely with you and your family to provide guidance, navigation and support throughout your cancer journey
- Palliative Care Program- learn what palliative care means and how our multidisciplinary team can address the management of cancer symptoms and treatment side effects
- Related Links - a resource list of trusted websites that can provide you with information about cancer, treatments, support resources and more
You can also select any of these topics in the "In This Section" page to learn more.