First Primary Stroke Center on the Delmarva Peninsula Certified by the Joint Commission
Peninsula Regional Medical Center has earned this distinction of excellence in stroke care from the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Peninsula Regional is proud to be the first hospital or medical center on the Delmarva Peninsula to have been honored with this “gold standard” in stroke care, and one of only 17 in the state of Maryland.
According to the JCAHO, this certification has set Peninsula Regional Medical Center apart by demonstrating continuum-based approaches to stroke care that
- Support the Medical Center’s self-management activities
- Use a standardized method of delivering care based on clinical guidelines or evidence-based practices
- Tailor treatment and intervention to individual needs
- Promote the flow of information across settings and providers, while protecting patients’ rights, security and privacy
- Analyze and uses data continually to improve treatment plans
- Evaluate ways to improve performance and clinical practice to improve patient care.
Achieving Joint Commission Certification for our Primary Stroke Center signifies that the services provided at Peninsula Regional Medical Center have the critical elements for long-term success in improving patient outcomes.